I admit it - I have been a slacker at my blog postings lately. Not having Internet in my apartment really stinks!
However, not a whole lot has been going on for me to comment about. School is going ok - a little dull at times, but what do you expect from entry level, required classes? I am putting together my classes for next semester and I'm kinda looking forward to those.
Work is going ok. Somedays it's good, somedays it's not. I get along fairly well with a majority of my co-workers and some of the girls and I have a giggle occasionally. Mostly though I work alone, which stinks. Oh well. I manage to entertain myself. I've had a few strange phone calls, stranger customers and just plain weird conversations - but I think that is to be expected a place in Indiana that sells guns and hunting equipment but also caters to college students. Weird combo.
I'm settling in more. I've got my schedule down fairly pat and I've got the hang of the bus systems. Next semester I'll have class in a different building so I get to have the adventure of finding that :) Let's hope I don't get lost and wander around hopelessly lost like I did last time I explored on campus. My sense of direction stinks.
My parents and sister are coming up this weekend, so I'm pretty excited. I haven't seen them since August. I've got to power clean my apartment before they get here :)
I still miss my friends. I try to keep up with them through text and facebook but it's not the same as seeing them all the time. I've made one pretty good friend here but we are on different tracks so once we finish our gen. eds. we won't be seeing a lot of each other in class :(
I shouldn't complain. I'm going to school so I can get my dream job, I've got a job that pays my bills and I've got awesome friends and family. Life is pretty dang good when I don't let the depression get me down!
No comments:
Post a Comment