While working at the reference desk in the library Wednesday, I get a call from my co-worker Stephanie. She tells me that Chelsea's Hallmark is on fire.
What?!
Yup. She sent me a picture and then I saw it on the news. So much for a second job.
Now I'm nervous - not that I did anything, because I didn't. (I'm not dumb enough to think burning down a building is a good idea - especially since that building supplemented my income) But I'm now on pins and needles waiting for the police to call me in for questioning - normal procedure crap.
But going to the police station and being interviewed makes me nervous and feel vaguely guilty for nothing in particular. I wish they would just call and get it over with...but no, I'm stuck waiting and sweating it out.
I'm also vaguely annoyed that my boss, the son-in-law of the owners of the building, hasn't contacted me to tell me what's going on - I'm supposed to work at 1 today. Obviously I won't be working or going in, but it would be nice for him to call and let me know what's up.
On the bright side I think chapter one of my thesis is almost complete - a whopping 27 pages! I'm pretty dang happy about that. Now I've just got to motivate myself to start on chapter 2. That is the plan for this weekend, now let's just see if I can make myself get started :)
Any inspirational words of advice are welcomed lol
I saw the story about the fire on the news. Wow. I can't believe your boss didn't call you; it only seems right that he should. Did you called in to talk to the police at all?
ReplyDeleteInspirational words as you start Chapter 2: Hells yeah. Nobody reads past Chapter 1 anyway (according to Banash).
My boss finally called - 4 days after the fire. I have yet to be called in my the police. I would assume since the fire was a over a week ago, they aren't going to call.
ReplyDeleteNo one reads Chapter 1? What!? NO! Chapter 1 is my favorite! lol My goal for Spring Break is to hide away in Simpkin's in the TA cubbies and get some, if not all, of Chapter 2 written.
No, no, no. I said no one reads PAST Chapter 1, meaning Chapter 2 and later doesn't matter. That's what Banash told one of his advisees my first year, anyway.
ReplyDeleteAh...I feel much better now lol. That makes more sense.
ReplyDelete